November 21, 2008

The Sweet Smell of revenge or is it??

Have you ever played a sort where you had a rival or was part of a rival? was it in college or high school and in what sport. on the eve of the greatest college football rivalry in all of football i think back to a time where rivalries were near and dear t my heart besides this one of course. I played high school football and every time August rolls around i get a little feeling in the back of my throat about the ways things used to be. not that i don't like what has happened but this is a different aspect. for me going to battle against someone across from me on a different team was a feeling i can never take away. the rival i battled with was not a rival of my school but of my family. I played high school football for North Ridgeville. My family on my moms side all went to Westlake high which is the next city over. My team played them for four years and i never won a game i guess its not really a rivalry if you don't win. the feeling that you get after you lose a game like that is terrible especially one that has an outcome like that. The Game that is going on tomorrow is one of the most storied rivalries in all of college sports. the game itself has been going on since 1897 and has decided many of the last 40 big ten championships and rose bowl match ups. This rivalry is as harsh as they come the week this is played is circled on every one's calendar. is there a rivalry that you remember having and will never forget.

No comments: