December 10, 2008

What is it about for you?

Christmas is only 15 days away and i want to get some thoughts about what it means to you and to your family. Christmas before i was married was about getting gifts that i wanted and getting the best things. know that i have been married i have realized that that all those wants are just things and in the end we will have the greatest present ever eternal life. But besides all that Christmas is not about the gifts for me i could care less if i have gotten any or not its about the expression on my wife's face when she opens her presents on Christmas day. Gift giving is my "gift". I don't really like receiving gifts because i have a bad expression for opening gifts. Christmas is also about family time for me since we have moved away and we don't get to see our families very often Christmas is the time where we can put all differences aside at least for one day out of the year. this year we are not going home for Christmas and this will be our first Christmas alone since we have been married. I am also big on traditions i like to do the same things every year leading up to Christmas. We have to get a real tree, We have to build a ginger bread house, we have to watch it's a wonderful life, on Christmas eve you get to open one present, on Christmas eve attempt to go to a candlelight service. A new tradition is we have to read my favorite Christmas book of all time the polar express. My mom used to read this book to me when was a little kid for Christmas and someday i will read it to my kids.

No comments: