May 12, 2008

Bucket List

Amanda and myself enjoyed a really great movie this past weekend (its in the title). with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. the movie was about two older gentleman who were dying and only had about 6 months to live. well they made a list together about things that they wanted to do before they kicked the bucket. Nicholson's' Character was rich so it made it allot easier. so I challenged Myself to think of ten things we wanted to do before we kicked that rusty old thing. I know it doesn't mean as much because we are so young, and as we get older our list is gonna change (drastically) but we thought it would be fun. I know that some of these are a little wacky and even unorthodox but i thought it was interesting to think about it for a while.

My 10 Items:
1. See a major sporting event (Super Bowl or BCS game)
2. Retire on the beach with my wife
3. Vacation to Australia
4. Take a rod trip across country
5. Backpack through the grand canyon and climb a mountain
6. Disney World
7. Vacation to Germany
8. Have beautiful kids
9.Teach kids how to do something (this country or another)
10. live each day with my wife to the fullest.

So know I have shared my thoughts know let me challenge you to think about what you would do before you kicked the bucket.

1 comment:

Shannon Smith said...

Here are a few off the top of my head...

Visit all the continents, bonus points for Antarctica.
Visit all 50 states.
See a baseball game in all current major league stadiums.
Ride my bike across the country.
Hit a hole-in-one on a par three.
Coach my kid in some sport.
Ride 100 miles on a tandem bike with my lady.
Read the entire bible.

That's all I have for now.